Combination of Chemical and Mechanical Cleaning
of Extremely Hard Deposits in Tubular Heat Exchangers
Ideal method for silicate salts deposits, oxalic salts scale of tomato juice,
hydrogen tartrate wine deposits and any other kind of extremely hard scale
Whoever is familiar to chemical cleaning of salt deposits, knows that the silicate salts form one of the most difficult kinds of deposits, which cannot be dissolved and removed in a satisfying degree, even when the best chemicals of the market are used.
Smart Technical Solutions, after having many times determined that even with the most powerful chemicals it is practically impossible to remove the silicate salts from the heat exchangers of its customers, invented and designed a unique tool, thanks to which the mechanical cleaning of extremely hard deposits, such as hydrogen tartrate of wine or oxalic salts scale of tomato juice, is now feasible.
This tool has been especially designed, so that with a small aid by the suitable chemicals it can detach all deposits from the tubes and walls of the tubular heat exchangers, without injuring, deforming or damaging in any way the tubes and the other surfaces with which it comes to contact.
The only prerequisite is that both ends of the tubes have to be free, that is to say both covers at both sides of the tubular heat exchanger have to be removable either with screws or by cutting them peripherally αnd welding them back after cleaning.
The design of this tool has nothing to do with the known elongate brushes for cleaning the tubes. This tool is not available for sale; it is only used by the crew of the company in the cleaning projects which it undertakes for its customers.
This tool offers many advantages to the company and its customers:
- Worldwide there is no other so effective method for the cleaning of so hard scale deposits. As a result, this solution is an one-way road. The other remaining solution apart from this one is the replacement of the heat exchanger, which often costs some tenths of thousands of Euros.
- Significant time saving is achieved, since the cleaning becomes much easier and faster.
- Also, a signigicant chemicals saving is ensured, because the cleaning is done primarily in a mechanical way.
- The total cost of the cleaning drops drastically, which results in the decrease of the cost for the customer, even in cases with very hard salt scale deposits.
- The downtime is also essentially reduced, because this tool does the work much faster than chemicals, when it comes to extremely resistant deposits like the aforementioned silicate, oxalic and hydrogen tartrate salts.
- The usage of this tool has now become indispensable in ALL our cleaning projects of tubular heat exchangers (provided that both covers of both sides of the heat exchanger are somehow removable). As a result, the cost reduction for the end customers applies, regardless if the salt deposits are too hard and solid or of normal hardness.
- Compared to the competition the prices of the company are now in all cases significantly lower thanks to this tool, provided of course that the price comparison is made with serious companies of this field, which guarantee that there will be no corrosion or pitting on the cleaned equipment due to the cleaning process.
We suggest that the next time that the cleaning of a tubular heat exchanger of yours is scheduled you call us for a trial cleaning, of course after you make sure that both covers at both sides of the heat exchanger are somehow removable. In case that one of the covers is no way removable, you can still try us, but in this case we are going to apply the conventional method of simple recirculation of our special chemicals which do not corrode metalls.
For more information about the chemical cleaning projects which we undertake you may visit the central page of this unit Chemical and Mechanical Cleaning of Water Systems and Equipment.